Peter Symonds College

Student Support

Health & Wellbeing

Student Services can offer a private space in which you can discuss more personal matters. We can give advice on housing problems, childcare issues, or any situation that you are finding difficult to manage at college. Students who are looked after by the local authority, or who have a caring responsibility at home are able to receive specific support, should you wish. Speak to staff in Student Services at any time.

Also part of the Student Services provision is The Hub, which is our emotional health and well-being service at college. Students can come to the Hub for advice on anything from sleep difficulties to specific mental health conditions. We also have a Counselling service based in college which students are able to self-refer to. We work with other agencies to offer services such as a sexual health clinic which is run once a week by an NHS practitioner, advice from Catch 22 and excellent links with local Young Carer projects.