The college received its last full inspection in March 2008. The main findings are outlined below. If you would like to read the full inspection report this is available on the Ofsted website or via the link below.
Other Inspection Reports
Ofsted Inspection 2008: Summary
- outstanding achievement and high standard of students’ work
- highly effective teaching and learning
- broad and inclusive sixth form college curriculum
- exceptionally good use of data to support learning
- excellent quality assurance procedures that maintain high standards and
- promote improvement
- highly effective guidance and support for students
- extensive and well attended enrichment activities that broaden students’ horizons
- outstanding leadership and management.
Areas for improvement
The college should address:
- the consistency of target setting in progress review action plans to help students improve.
Summary of Grades Awarded
|Effectiveness of provision||Outstanding: Grade 1|
|Capacity to improve||Outstanding: Grade 1|
|Achievement and standards||Outstanding: Grade 1|
|Quality of provision||Outstanding: Grade 1|
|Leadership and management||Outstanding: Grade 1|
|Equality of opportunity||Outstanding: Contributory Grade 1|