Awarding Body:EdexcelCourse Duration:2 Years
5 GCSE’s at Grades A* - C including Maths & English. You will be asked to attend an audition between 25th and 27th January 2016, when you will be required to perform two pieces on your first study instrument/voice (Grade 7/8 standard) and one piece on your second study instrument/voice, as well as sight-reading tests and a short interview.
You are warmly invited to attend our Hampshire Specialist Music Course Presentation on Monday 19th October 2015, starting at 6.30pm, when you can meet staff and students, hear our current students perform, look around the department and discuss the course in detail. For full details contact the music office or see our website.
Please note that students take the HSMC course in addition to a full academic timetable which must include A level music as one of your subject options.
This course includes AS and A level music, plus ABRSM Diploma
This course is designed for gifted young people who are thinking seriously about pursuing a career in music performance. The course is designed to help you to develop the skills, confidence and musical maturity you need to prepare for entry to conservatoire or university. We also expect you to be aiming to achieve a high grade in A level music qualification. Up to twelve places are offered each year.
The course includes:
• Excellent teaching from an experienced team of A Level teachers
• Weekly individual tuition on two instruments, including piano, from a team of high-powered visiting teachers, including preparation for the ABRSM Diploma on your first instrument/voice
• Weekly chamber music coaching
• Many opportunities to perform in ensembles and as a soloist in recitals, accompanied by our Head of Keyboard
• Master classes and workshops given by professional performers
• Trips to a range of live music events
Students will be required to pay a £10 contribution towards photocopying.
There is one obligatory concert trip for AS music students in Autumn term - approximate cost £15. Other music trips are optional.
All students will need to purchase an Anthology of Music for the two-year course, (approximate cost of £34.65 from the College Bookshop).
The College has a Student Support Fund for those students who have difficulty meeting these costs.